Get Ready For #GivingTuesdayNow
- April 28, 2020
- / Jamie Walker
- / Giving Tuesday,Coronavirus,Community
We are one week out from the start of #GivingTuesdayNow and your organization should be using your goto social media platforms and website every day to promote your campaign to inspire support for your organization. Below are some quick tips to help you get the most out of this global event of giving and community unity:
1. Fine-tune Your Donate and Campaign Pages - Conversion is key here so you need to make sure your "Call to Action" is consistent with your #GivingTuesday Campaign and include suggested donation amounts on your donate page so donors know where they can have the biggest impact with their donation. With one time events like #GivingTuesday, you only have one chance to tell your story and convert an interested party into a donor.
2. Promote Every Day - Create a steady drumbeat each day leading up to May 5 by posting updates to your social media accounts and website. Add a web-form to your website and encourage people to sign up so that they can receive updates on your campaign. Add assets to your social media pages and website promoting your campaign. Three key areas to focus on are your Facebook cover photo, profile picture, and your website home page slider. Finally, create a hashtag that people can use to help spread the word when they share and donate.
3. Get Your Key Supporters Involved - Activate your key supporters and board members as ambassadors for your campaign and give them the tools to help you promote your campaign. Their action plan should be to send emails, make phone calls, and share content on their social media accounts to bring attention to your campaign.
4. Have A Gameday Plan - Finalize your gameday plan so that May 5 goes off without a hitch. Your plan should include the following action items:
a) Go Live On Facebook - Start the day off with a personal video explaining your #GivingTuesdayNow campaign and end it with a passionate call to action for people to donate and share.
b) Email Blast - Schedule a personal appeal to your organization's email list as a reminder for people to donate and help spread the word.
c) Ambassadors - Unleash your ambassadors on gameday by posting pre-recorded videos to your social media accounts where they talk about why they support your organization and why others need to get involved as well. Your ambassadors need the be on the front lines of your communication efforts. They need to share, repost, and hashtag throughout the day.
d) Stay Active on Social Media - Post updates regularly to keep people informed on your progress.
e) Say "Thank You" - At the end of the day, it is important that you say thank you to your supporters. This can be done with a written thank you message or a video that is posted to your website, social media, and then sent out via email. The thank you message may be the most important thing you do on May 5th so make it a priority.
If you have not done so yet you can download #GivingTuesdayNow assets here: #GivingTuesdayNow