As a nonprofit organization how you tell your story is important. Your website is one of the most significant tools that you have at your disposal to tell a convincing story, convey your organizations’ mission, and getting buy-in from first-time and returning visitors to your website.
Your website is the perfect medium where you get the opportunity to combine inspiring copy, great photography, compelling videos, and user testimonials to bring people to your cause and make a greater impact. Building a website for your organization should not just be a box that you check at the end of the day. A great website is your opportunity to sell your “why” and “how” 24 hours a day 365 days a year. It is the best place to inspire and motivate people to your cause and should not be taken for granted.
Below Are 10 Benefits to Nonprofit Organizations That Have Great Website Design
1. Increased Conversions - People want a good online experience. A survey conducted by Vistaprint found that 45% of consumers are less likely to make a purchase or donation from a poorly designed website. More importantly, the survey found that 34% were unlikely to support an organization if they didn’t have a website.
2. First Impressions Matter - Great design can work to your benefit when a first-time visitor engages with your website and the likelihood of converting that visitor into a donor increase. Organizations with a clean beautifully designed website leave a positive impression on prospective donors and people looking for information.
3. Best Way to Build Data – Properly placed web forms are the best to capture important supporter data. When a person fills out a web form you own that information. It becomes an important asset to the future of your organization.
4. Best Way to Engage Donors – Your website provides you with the opportunity to build the perfect sales funnel to convert people to the desired action of becoming a donor. The top of web funnel defines your organization. The middle of the funnel coveys your solutions and benefits. The bottom of the funnel builds trust and credibility followed by activation and conversion.
5. Inspires Confidence - Good design can instill confidence that your organization is successful and will make people feel comfortable in supporting your cause.
6. Amplifies Your Social Media - Your website connects all of your social media accounts and creates a black hole that sucks in traffic. Linking your social media on your website makes your SEO more effective and increases the chances people will find you.
7. You Own Your Website - You don’t own your social media accounts but you own your website and you have complete control over your entire digital brand and how it is presented.
8. It Is The Best Way To Show Off Your Organization - Your website is the best way to properly showcase your organization and let people know what you do, who you serve and why you do what you do. A great website can provide visitors with descriptive text and stunning visuals that show off your organization like no other medium.
9. Get Found & Convert - 40% of mobile searches have local intent and 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business or organization go to that business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
10. No Website Is Bad. A Bad Website Is Worse - No website means that you are missing out on telling your story and making it difficult for people to find you. A bad website is worse because it makes your organization look like it is not credible and decreases the likelihood that people will want to support your mission.
There is good news as we can help. If your website needs a fresh coat of paint and some curb appeal we have a solution for you no matter your budget. We have starter, mid-size and enterprise website packages that will inspire and motivate people to get behind your mission.
Our website solutions are easy to set up, simple to manage and have built-in modules such as fundraising, eCommerce, Donor CRM, and email marketing that will save you time and money.
Schedule a 30-minute demo if you would like to learn more about Reason Funding: Demo