Your March 2021 Fundraising Action Plan
- February 22, 2021
- / Jamie Walker
- / Fundraising Ideas,online-giving
This is the first in a series of monthly articles where the Reason Funding Team will post a monthly Fundraising and Engagement Action Plan where we will provide a list of important fundraising dates and tips on how you can capitalize to grow your online fundraising and attract more people to your cause.
Important March 2021 Cause Awareness Dates
Women’s History Month
March 3: World Wildlife Day
March 4: World Braille Day
March 8: International Women’s Day
March 11: World Kidney Day
March 18: Global Recycling Day
March 21: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
March 21: International Day of Forests
March 21: World Down Syndrome Day
March 22: World Water Day
March 24: World Tuberculosis Day
March 27: Earth Hour
1. Plan a Day of Giving – Celebrate an important March date of significance to your organization by coordinating a day of giving. This could the day that your organization was founded or another important milestone that not only can be a great way to raise funds but also highlight your organization.
2. Donate the Day – Simply pick a day of the month and ask people to make a gift an amount that matches the numeric value of the date that you picked. For example, March 4 is known as Do Something Day so ask your supporters to honor Do Something Day by setting up a monthly recurring donation in the amount of $3.40 or $34.00.
Other Growth-Hacking Tasks You Can Tackle in March:
1. Grow you email list by asking people to sign up for your newsletter or subscribe to your blog.
2. Write a blog post focusing on a success story, update on your organization or a staff member profile.
3. Update or refresh the content on your website. Regularly updating the content on your website will keep it fresh and enhance your on-page SEO.
The ideas listed are simple to set up, easy to execute and repeatable on a month-to-month basis. If you need some help getting organizing fill out the form below to receive a complimentary March Fundraising Planner.